Community Search
Communities   |   Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Sign In
Community Search
Open Journal Club
Page 1 of 1
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Score Author Latest Post
About the FPTA Open Journal Club 0 L. Aperauch Welcome to the FPTA Open Journal Club! This club was founded by the Early Professional Special Interest Group (EPSIG) to share an interesting article and encourage discussion. All FPTA members are encouraged to join by commenting on the articles, sharing their experiences and expressing their opinions. All perspectives are welcome, we just ask that the conversation be courteous and respectful. You may reference the EPSIG's Journal Club Template (pdf) as a guide. Some questions to ask yourself as you read through the article: How does this apply to my current practice? How will the results help me care for my patients? How will the results change the way I treat my patients? Please contact Liz Aperauch at laperauch@fpta.org with any questions or recommendations.
by L. Aperauch
Thursday, October 19, 2017
Adaptation Strategies Post ACL Reconstruction 1 C. Litz One of the major issues that we have in our research is we define where the graft came from but do not go into further anthropomorphic and surgical measurements. From a surgical stand point we should know was this a single bundle, double bundle, was this the ACL the only structure reconstructed or surgically altered during the procedure, and what position the graft was tensioned through. I also personally feel like we would want to know more than male/female/age that we would want to know height/weight/femoral length to pelvic width/discharge measurements utilized. From your article it appears to be paramount that once quad strength is within 80%, the concentration of rehabilitation should change from strength to proprioception during dynamic movement. Like you stated in the limitations they should have had some sort of functional measure prior to beginning the study. Additionally, it should have been noted whether the individual returned to their sport. Many times one of the pieces we miss in the rehabilitation process (especially if there was a traumatic event) is fear of returning to sport.Thanks for listening/reading my two cents. Very nice job reviewing the article!
by J. Lewis
Thursday, November 2, 2017
Twitter Feed
more Calendar

11/17/2017 » 11/19/2017
2017 Annual Conference

11/30/2017
PTPub Night Tampa

Hot Topics
2017 Florida License Renewal
The current licensure year ends November 30, 2017. The FPTA approves continuing education courses for course providers and individuals seeking license renewal. Click here for more information.

Save
Save
Save
Save
Association Management Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal